Greenlight Innovation is the industry leader in fuel cell testing and manufacturing equipment. We are working closely with our customers to develop and build the next generation of fuel cell, battery electric vehicles, and energy storage systems.
We are growing and hiring a Senior Detail Design Engineer to join our Engineering department.
- Create detailed component drawings and assembly aids to be used as manufacturing assembly aids.
- Develop BOMs and work instructions.
- Communicate with and provide support to engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to resolve technical issues, provide clarifications, and schedule status.
- Inspect key incoming fabricated parts, disposition of certain non-conforming materials, and document rework instructions.
- Support manufacturing with component issues and design guidance.
- Cross-check drawing packages and maintain related quality system.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 plus years of professional engineering experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing large assemblies using Solidworks.
- Design experience with strong proficiency in SolidWorks including modeling, sheet metal, assembly aids, and proficiency in GD&T.
- Strong spatial visualization ability and demonstrated skill in designing equipment for manufacturability.
- Knowledge of process equipment and related local supply chain.
- Experience with PDM (product data management), an asset.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs.
- Efficient time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work for Greenlight Innovation?
- Canada's top 500 fastest-growing companies
- Flexible work hours
- A premium benefits package including dental, extended health and Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Company-sponsored days-off
- Living our value on sustainability by transit-accessible facilities and ethically sourced coffee, sustainable tea, a variation of milk and milk alternatives and snacks on-site.
We are diverse, inclusive and seek to create an environment where every individual can achieve their goal. At Greenlight, we value and celebrate the diversity of our applicants, employees, and guests. Please visit https://www.greenlightinnovation.com/faces-of-greenlight to meet some of our employees.
Thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.