Greenlight Innovation is the industry leader in fuel cell testing and manufacturing equipment. We are working closely with our customers to develop and build the next generation of hydrogen fuel cells and electrolyzer technology.
We are growing and hiring a Director of Engineering to oversee Engineering operations in the production of fuel cell and electrolyzer test products.
This role will develop and execute strategy for the delivery of company goals, and plan, direct, control, and evaluate the department’s performance.
- Provide operational, technical, and strategic leadership to Engineering and Software teams.
- Budget and schedule accountability for project execution.
- Develop staffing plans, oversee hiring activity and provide coaching and mentorship.
- Build positive relationships and provide support to other teams (Sales, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Testing, and Service).
- Work closely with Product Management for the development of test products.
- Develop, establish, and measure activities, and identify risks and challenges.
- Responsible for product safety, and adherence to engineering standards.
- Work with senior leadership to develop product and operational strategies, short- and long-term goals, and success measurement.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- P.Eng registered with EGBC.
- 5+ years of multi-disciplined Engineering management, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience hands-on engineering in a custom product environment.
- Experience implementing value-add processes and process improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with quality management systems, including ISO9001.
- Strong collaboration, influencing, and communication skills.
- Experience developing products for international markets and adhering to international standards.
- Ability to plan and implement new software tools, including ERP.
Why Work for Greenlight Innovation?
- Canada's top 500 fastest-growing companies
- Contribute to solving global climate change challenges
- Flexible work hours
- A premium benefits package including dental, extended health, and Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Transit-accessible facilities
- Company-sponsored days-off
We are diverse, and inclusive and seek to create an environment where every individual can achieve their goal. At Greenlight, we value and celebrate the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests. Please visit https://www.greenlightinnovation.com/faces-of-greenlight to meet some of our employees.